Firstly download the FCKeditor .Net package from the fck editor website i. from here fckeditor.net/download.
Unzip the downloaded file. There you will find the original source code of the control and a compiled version of it. The file is called
FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll. It can be in either of the two files:
* bin/Release/1.1/ - the version designed for ASP.NET 1.1
* bin/Release/2.0/ - the version designed for ASP.NET 2.0
Consider the compiled DLL file, and create a reference to it in your project. You have two options to do that:
1. Manually copy the FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll file to the "bin" directory of your web site.
2. Right-click "References" in your Visual Studio.NET project in the "Solution Explorer". Use "Browse" to select the FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll file from the
directory you have saved it in.
You can include the control in your Visual Studio.NET controls toolbox. Just right-click on it and select "Choose Items". Then, just point to the
FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll file by using the "Browse" option. Remember to make sure that you have the latest version of the dll. It may be worthwhile to
recompile from the source if you are having issues getting the upload and connector features to work.
Create an ASP.NET page. To create an instance of the editor, you have two options:
1. Drag and drop the control "FCKeditor" from the toolbox to you page.(this method will only work if you included the "FCKeditor" control in the toolbox -
see Step 2 for the description)
2. Manually add lines of code in your ASP.NET source page:
* Include this line in the top of the page:
<%@ Register Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" %>
NOTE- "<" sign has been removed from the post kindly apply it in place of * *form runat="server">:
*fckeditorv2:fckeditor id="FCKeditor1" runat="server">
The editor is now ready to be used. Just open the page in your browser to see it at work.